Sunday, May 31, 2009

I mean it, Punk!

Last night Tera called David and I and invited us to come spend some time with her and the kiddos.
We met up with her at the Old Navy in clackamas so she could finish up some shopping. We then decided it would be fun to take the kids to the Starlight parade! I have never been so I thought it would be fun, and David went along with it because he is a good uncle :)

We got the kids some dinner thanks to uncle David...mmmm $1 lunchables from Fred Meyer! Then we were off to Portland. We decided to park a couple blocks away from the Burnside bridge and walk over to try and beat some traffic and parking. The walk there was good!! Both kids were excited to see the parade and were walking on there own. We found a good spot to watch around 8-8:30. Taylor was loving it but she thought it was a little loud. She kepttelling us "they keep going boom boom, and its too loud for people" She got to sit on uncle Davids shoulders and see the whole parade. There were some teenage cheerleaders that came through and she looks and me and says "Those girls are teenagers just like me!" haha soo cute! Colbs was getting tired so Tera was holding him for the whole parade. He was getting sleepy and wanting to go home so we started walking back. Poor Tera, who had been holding Colbs for the whole time we were there had to carry him the whole way back because he didn't want anyone else to. we walked over a mile with him on her hip. He let me carry him over half the bridge which gave Tera a little break. We finally got back to the car and Tera got to rest. Colbs went right to sleep. Tay started to get a little grumpy and started saying "I mean it Punk!" everytime she wasn't happy. Tera was getting upset because I guess she says it all the time, but David and I could not keep ourselves from laughing, which only made it worse. Sorry Tera:) I bet the the rest of the car ride home for Tera was a joy!!








2 comments:

Patty Stephens said...

I love that you are finally blogging!! What a fun day. No wonder Tera is so buff!!!!

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Ah, that looks like so much fun! It was perfect weather, huh?