Sunday, May 9, 2010

Amber had her surgery on Friday. They cut open her skull and put 90 electrodes in her brain which are sticking out her her head. These monitor brain activity. The next step is waiting for her to have 3 seizures to locate where exactly the seizures are coming from and fix it. She had a seizure night before last, so we are still waiting for 2 more. My dad has talked to my uncle only a few times and that is where we are getting our updates. Amber is awake and talking and just waiting. Poor girl could be in the hospital for days. I am just happy that at this moment all is well. It is also reassuring to know that she is at one of the best hospitals in the US for brain surgery. (UAB). I will keep you posted as I learn more. Thanks for all the prayers and support, I am going to show these blogs to Amber after she is out and I am sure she will appreciate the love. :)

2 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

wow, so scary! But we are praying - and thank you for keeping us updated!

Patty Stephens said...

thanks for the update!! Thinking of her daily!